Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Happy Holidays from the Heart of South America

Season’s greetings from Paraguay to my faraway family and friends!

My time here in the Peace Corps has been slipping by from what was once a daunting and some say crazy two-year endeavor to what now seems insufficiently short. 
Even though I’ve lived it first hand, I look back and think, ¿Es posible? (is it possible), that I’ve had so many adventures, overcome so many obstacles, connected with so many people and still have so many lessons yet to learn during my last six months here in the heart of South America.

The heart.  Paraguay is just that, and it’s helped me to open mine to many things.  Sometimes it’s flowing over with kindness and hospitality, other times it’s a sanguine and emotional rush, but most times Paraguay is the steady beat of a tranquilopa (relaxed/chilled-out) philosophy that will be hard to let go. 

There’s also the heart I see in all of the young people I work with here in Paraguay, who have hope for a better, more just, more prosperous Paraguayan future. “Otro mundo es posible,” (another world is possible), they say, and I most wholeheartedly agree.

So, my most humble holiday wish is to appeal to your heart to accompany me in my work here in Paraguay.  I have been the coordinator of a national program called Paraguay Emprende for the past year, which gives young entrepreneurs the tools they need, including a small investment of seed funding, to make another world possible for themselves, their families and their communities.  This has been my most impactful and gratifying project, and I invite you to join me in a holiday giving campaign by doing whatever you can to help spread the word about this cause.

Please take a few minutes to explore and share our crowdfunding page http://bit.ly/youcaring_ParaguayEmprende and if you have the time, the heartfelt video from, Walter, one of our past participants: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAXXGuJJVlQ  It inspires me to see how far one young person with a dream and a little help from those who believe in him can go.  Heck, that’s how I got here, thanks to all of you.

Wishing you joyous holidays and a better future for 2016!

Warm regards, Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment