Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Always Seeking the Next Adventure


Sometimes getting started is the hardest part...so I'll begin, well, NOW.  I'm seated in a funky little hotel with shaggy green astro turf for carpet, perched on the top of Barrio Alto in Lisbon, Portugal overlooking the city and the Tejo River.  It's 7:00 in the evening and I'm elated and/or slightly delirious from 14 hours of travel, which I started worlds away in Denver, Colorado.

What am I doing here?  For one, I am certainly finding joy in the opportunities that life has to offer.  Even my conversation with a new found friend,  the Portuguese plane passenger now a veterinarian in TX,  focused on what it means to really live.  We talked about adventure, connecting with people across borders and cultures, making a positive impact on the world and finally finding joy in the little things.  Following an insatiable passion for adventure, excitement, enjoyment of the moment and then sharing these meaningful experiences with others, is really what it means to live.

This is the basis for my blog.  An earnest attempt to hone my writing abilities and fuse the desire to communicate the simple yet incredible pleasures that life and travel has to offer.  Take dinner this evening for instance.  Seated on a breezy patio, with cruise ships drifting by in the distance, enjoying salted cod (bacalhao), prosciutto wrapped asparagus and glasses of malvasia blanca and touriga nacional, I contemplated my luck and gave thanks for my good fortune by lifting a glass of ginjinha (traditional cherry liqueur) to the sky.

It's simple to find joy.  I invite you to follow me on this adventure, and then go seek out your own.



2 comments:

  1. i will follow and live vicariously in these moemnts of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will follow and live vicariously in these moments of joy!

    ReplyDelete